Among the Top 10 States
According to the Indiana Department of Health, the Indianapolis Region has 34 hospitals and a total of 6,243 hospital beds. But that doesn't really tell you the depth and breadth of a major metropolitan area that is also home to the Indiana University Medical School--the second-largest medical school in the country
Healthcare at a Glance
- Indiana is ranked in the top ten states for its healthcare quotient, which accounts for the supply of healthcare and affordability.
--Expansion Management 2007)
- Clarian Health
In 2008 US News & World Report ranked 11 Clarian programs among the top 50 nationwide:
- Gastrointestinal Disorders, Urology, Orthopedics, Neurology, Geriatric Care,
Ear/Nose/Throat, Respiratory Disorders, Kidney Disease, Cancer, Heart Care, and
- In 2008 Riley Hospital for Children was ranked among the top 30 in the nation by US News.
- Riley ranked as a top children’s hospital in the U.S. by Child Magazine in 2008.
- Clarian.org was a recipient of four eHealthcare Leadership Awards in 2008.
- Indiana University Cancer Center, a Clarian Hospital health partner, has been regarded as a
top cancer research center (Lance Armstrong’s Livestrong Foundation 2006)
- St. Vincent Hospital
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence 2009.
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Stroke Care Excellence Award 2008 and 2009.
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award 2007 and 2009
- Recipient of the Pulmonary Care Excellence Award 2007, 2008, and 2009.
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Critical Care Excellence Award 2007, 2008, and 2009.
Community Health Network
- Ranks among the top 10 most integrated health care networks in the nation (SDI 2009).
- Ranks 9th on the 2009 SDI Integrated Healthcare Network list, a nationwide list of the most
integrated health care organizations.
- Recipient of several eHealthcare Leadership Awards in 2007 and 2008: Best Interactive
Website, Best e-Business Site, and Best Overall Intranet Sit
- Wishard Health Services
- In 2007 Wishard was recognized as a national model for patient safety by the City of
- Wishard has been recognized as one of the top hospitals in Indianapolis by Indiana Business
- Indiana Orthopedic Hospital
- Ranked among the top 5 percent in the nation for Joint Replacement Surgery by
- Ranked among the Top 5 percent in the National for Spinal Surgery by HealthGrades (2008).
- Ranked Top 5 in Indiana for Joint Replacement Surgery by HealthGrades (2008).
- Hancock Regional Hospital
- Voted among Best Places to Work in Indiana for two consecutive years (2009 and 2010).
- Ranked as a Top 100 Healthcare Organization by Modern Healthcare (2009)