Global Leaders in Manufacturing
Indiana workers are highly experienced in industrial automation, robotics, high-speed machining and other modern plant floor technologies.
More Than You Know Is "Made in Indiana"
Indiana manufacturers are producing everything from electric cars to high-fashion handbags, from turbines for the latest fighter jets to lifesaving medicines and orthopedic devices. We’re the most manufacturing-intensive state in the nation, ranking number one in per capita employment in the industry – and with a skilled incumbent workforce, top engineering and technical education programs, a central location and record levels of foreign direct investment, we aim to stay on top.
Indiana Manufacturing - High-Growth, High-Tech
- Indiana has more manufacturing jobs per capita than any other state – one of every five Hoosiers works in manufacturing.
- Indiana has ranked #1 in attracting international manufacturing jobs for two consecutive years.
- Central Indiana is a leader in engineering electric car and truck components – Hoosier manufacturers attracted more than a half billion dollars in federal stimulus funds for vehicle electrification in ’09.
- Indiana manufacturers produce more than half of the nation’s orthopedic medical devices.
A Climate for Growth
- Indiana boasts the nation’s 12th best business tax climate (1st in the Midwest0 according to the Tax Foundation (2010).
- The Conexus Indiana manufacturing and logistics initiative has launched a multi-million dollar campaign (‘Dream It. Do It.’) to create and drive enrollments in manufacturing training programs that meet industry needs, building the workforce of the future.
- Central Indiana boasts a central location, world-class highway, air and rail infrastructure, and a new web-based initiative (Indiana Supplier INsight) to match manufacturers with in-state suppliers – it all adds up to a streamlined supply chain.
Largest 10 Advanced Manufacturing Employers in the Indianapolis Region:
1. Eli Lilly & Company
3. Allison Transmission
4. Roche Diagnostics
5. Hewlett Packard
6. Cook Medical Device Manufacturing
7. Automotive Components Holdings
8. Raytheon Technical Services
9. United Technologies Carrier Corporation
10. Dow AgroSciences
Other Advanced Manufacturing Employers in the Indianapolis Region: